A lot of people have asked me how I came up with the name of my business — Monarch Virtual Assistance LLC. I thought I would share with you my story behind the name . . .
My original inspiration came from my Dad. He worked as a Chef at the now-historical Monarch Diner. When I was growing up, I spent many days at the diner; after school, I would walk to the diner, and spend the rest of the afternoon sitting on the sugar barrel in the kitchen, waiting for my mom to get out of work to pick me up. Sometimes I would even help the wait staff fill the sugar bowls in the dining room or help “grandpa Jack” ring up a sale at the cash register. And who could ever forget those fried New England scallops and crispy french fries, with creamy homemade coleslaw. Yes…my childhood was filled with many great memories of that diner, and so I dedicated the naming of my business in memory of my Dad.
The second reason I chose Monarch Virtual Assistance was because I love butterflies, and the Monarch butterfly is one of my favorites. To me, the butterfly is a symbolism for change, freedom, rebirth, transformation, growth, new beginnings, good luck, beauty, and joy. I also believe it represents courage because one requires courage to carry out or go through the process of change. All of these things remind me of the Virtual Assistance concept and how partnering with a Virtual Assistant can make a difference in your business and personal life. I thought it was appropriate to name the business Monarch to represent the profession that I have a great passion for. It’s a metaphor of sorts….
There are five stages of the evolution of the butterfly and I believe these stages parallel the development of our dreams, goals, and realities from thought to manifestation.
The Evolution of the Butterfly
- The egg stage is the beginning of all things. This is the stage at which an idea, concept, product, or desire is conceived, but has not yet become a reality.
- The larva stage is the point at which you decide to create the idea in the physical world. In this stage you make a decision to learn more about it. You send for information; you speak to people who are in that field. You are beginning to build a foundation for your idea to become a reality.
- The cocoon stage involves “going within”; developing your project, idea, or product, and preparing for its “birth”. This is the stage where any fears you have will surface and you must find the courage to address them and decide to move through them.
- The transformation stage is the leaving of the chrysalis (cocoon). This is the stage where your idea, concept, product, or desire is born into reality.
- The final stage is the butterfly stage. In this stage your idea, concept, product, or desire is set free and you start sharing the colors and joy of your creation with the world.
- Change – Letting go of doing it all yourself; embracing a new way to get things done.
- Freedom – Having time to work ON your business, not IN it; enjoying your life more.
- Rebirth – Taking your business to the next level.
- Transformation – Adjusting to working differently; learning to delegate.
- Growth – Expanding your business; increasing your income; letting go of status quo.
- New Beginnings – Pursuing new business opportunities; time for networking
- Good Luck – A light at the end of the tunnel; a solution; a partner in your success.
- Beauty/Joy – Experiencing less stress, a better work/life balance, peace of mind.
- Courage – Going through the process of change; thinking outside the box.
So there you have it….the story behind the name! I would love to hear from others about how they chose their business name. If you would like to share, please feel free to post a comment and tell your “story behind your business name”.
Until next time,