1. Delegate more. Learn how to delegate and start doing more of it. Let go and ask for help. Partner with an administrative support consultant who can work with you and take those tasks off your to do list that you shouldn’t be spending your time doing, and start focusing more on your core business priorities.
2. Network, Network, Network. Join a new community group, business organization, and/or attend networking events. Keep sharing what you do in your business with others. Don’t let what you do be “the best kept secret in town.” Make new connections and build and nurture relationships on a consistent basis. Be interested in other people, be likeable, and be trustworthy.
3. Stay focused. Revisit your Business Plan and make updating it a monthly or quarterly task.
4. Learn new things. Update your skills, take a course, expand your knowledge, research a topic that interests you, and share what you’ve learned with others.
5. Volunteer. Give something back to your community. But don’t over commit!
6. Prioritize. Make more time for family and friends. Don’t be a stranger!
7. Take time for yourself. Take short breaks to recharge your battery. Spend time doing something you love to do besides work once in a while. Turn off the cellphone, and don’t check email or voice mail messages during this time. Let your administrative support partner do that for you!
8. Get organized. Set realistic goals and vow to meet them. Write them down, then break the steps needed to complete them into blocks of time and schedule them into your daily/weekly routine until you’ve reached them. Find an accountability partner to help you stay on track.
9. Let go. Learn to let go of what’s not working for you and move forward. Expand your horizons.
10. Stay positive. Keep a positive attitude and share it with others. Make a difference!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post!
My intention is to publish and share business ideas, tips, best practices, “food for thought”, recommended resources, and other information for your consideration as you move forward in your journey of business ownership and/or your professional career. I will be selecting blog topics based on my experience in working as an accomplished administrative professional for top level managers and C-level executives, and as a small business owner myself operating in a virtual home-based environment supporting other business owners, entrepreneurs, solo professionals and other busy individuals who also work in virtual, home-based, mobile, or small office environments.
I invite you to comment on posts that you can identify with, or simply to let me know if what I’ve shared is helpful or useful to you. I would also welcome your suggestions or ideas for future topics that you would like to see posted here. I look forward to blogging and connecting with you! Stay tuned!
Author bio: Lisa Salem is a professional Virtual Executive Assistant and General Transcriptionist. Lisa is the Founder and Managing Member of Monarch Virtual Assistance LLC, and brings over 25 years of administrative and business management experience to her business and the clients she partners with. Lisa works to promote the Virtual Assistance industry and to make it stand out as a true profession of excellence. Lisa loves helping her clients build successful businesses by taking the administrative tasks off their “to do” list so they can have more time to focus on the core business priorities that will generate income and accelerate business growth. Her style is easy going, yet focused, with emphasis placed on going the extra mile to exceed clients expectations by providing quality service, excellent value, and total satisfaction to ensure long-term dedication, loyalty, and results.
©2012. Would you like to republish this article? You are free to do so as long as you include a link back to the full post, attributing the author, Lisa Salem of Monarch Virtual Assistance LLC.